Monday, October 18, 2010

HELP ME!

I need some serious help. I am getting so worked up over this guy and I have never even hung out with him. I feel like I only like the idea of him, rather than the actual person. Its impossible to tell because I don't know what he is like in person. I keep getting so worked up when I am around him that I probably seem so dull. I am trying with all my might to act normally around him, but then I think about how much I want him to like me. I know that if he doesn't like me for who I am, a relationship is worthless, but it just doesn't translate. I want him to love me.

I was browsing his profile on FB like I do everyday (I know you have done that before!) and my heart dropped to a point where I lost sensation in my toes. He had removed his relationship status. His FB no longer said he was "single." Does that mean he got a girlfriend? Or that he likes someone? It doesn't say anything more so I really have no clues. Maybe he just didn't want it to show anymore, or he doesn't want a girlfriend, I have no idea. I have calmed down a bit more now, but it still bothers me immensly.

The "don't talk to Bass Guy plan" failed miserably. I was working in the quad when my friend told me he was walking my way. Not towards me, but by me.
"Talk to him, say hi."
"No. I decided I am not talking to him until he talks to me."
"That's dumb, wave!"
"It's not dumb, no!"
"He's coming wave, say hi, do something."
"No." As I said that Bass Guy, who was looking my way, made eye contact. Oops. I pretended I didn't notice and looked away, and he walked off. Fail.

After that a few days passed, no Bass Guy. He doesn't even sign onto FB. He was busy practicing for the multiple concerts. (Speaking of which, is it smart to go to one?) And finally he is on FB, but inactive. Nothing, he doesn't say a word and signs off. He is probably relieved I am not chatting his eyes out. Oh good, that girl isn't interested anymore.

He signed back on last night and I said, "Hey, haven't talked to you in a while, how has life been going?" And we chat once again. It was shorter than some of the first ones, but it still made me feel good inside. But that feeling is gone today. I am sick of this game.

Should I ask to go to lunch one day? As friends, just to really communicate... I'm scared I'm gonna mess it up by not being true to my personality. HELP.

No comments: