Thursday, October 7, 2010

3rd Time's the Charm

So I guess that is true. I was feeling gutsy again, so I attempted to talk to Bass Guy again. This time he was actually active, so if he didnt talk to me this time i would be screwed.

"Hey," I wait a second.

And then I heard it... Pop.

"Yo." I could feel my face start to burn. I didn't think of anything to say. I ask my suitemates and tell me to relax. While I panic, he types, "What's up?"

I breathe a sigh of relief. With the aid of my suitemates, I type, "Just watching Youtube videos and chilling with my suitemates. How about you?"

"Just studying for my geology midterm and drinking some wine." And the conversation was off. We talked about volcanoes, earthquakes, the sierras, NAS and a bunch of other random stuff. I know not really romantic, but I have to start somewhere.

When we were talking about NAS, I asked, "Are you going to the extra credit thing tomorrow night?"

"I don't know, maybe." He replies. We continued to talk about the extra credit thing and eventually he said, "Well, I have to go to bed, maybe I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Maybe, good night."

"Good night :)" And he signs off. I can't tell if I am over analyzing everything, but a smiley face is a good sign, right? Maybe not that he likes me, but that we are becoming friends? If so, that rocks. And doesn't "Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" sound hopeful?

There's a lot going through my mind right now, I'll definitely post if he comes to the meeting thing. If he does, I wont be disappointed though, because I know he is probably practicing his with upright bass.

No comments: